Codruț Stancu, PhD
Researcher, Oracle Labs
I am a Researcher at Oracle Labs, working on program analysis and optimization techniques. I received my PhD from the University of California, Irvine, working under the guidance of Prof. Michael Franz in his Secure Systems and Software Laboratory.
My research interests are in the area of Programming Languages Design and Implementation with a focus on Program Analysis. I currently work on GraalVM/SubstrateVM.
Peer Reviewed Publications
Christian Wimmer, Codrut Stancu, Peter Hofer, Vojin Jovanovic, Paul Wögerer, Peter B. Kessler, Oleg Pliss, and Thomas Würthinger: Initialize once, start fast: application initialization at build time.. In Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages (OOPSLA), Article 184, ACM Press, 2019. doi:10.1145/3360610
- Codrut Stancu, Christian Wimmer, Stefan Brunthaler, Per Larsen, Michael Franz: Safe and Efficient Hybrid Memory Management for Java. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Memory Management (ISMM), pages 81–92. ACM Press, 2015. doi:10.1145/2754169.2754185
- Presentation by Christian Wimmer: JVMLS 2015 - Hybrid Memory Management
Codrut Stancu, Christian Wimmer, Stefan Brunthaler, Per Larsen, Michael Franz: Comparing Points-to Static Analysis with Runtime Recorded Profiling Data. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Principles and Practices of Programming on the Java Platform: Virtual Machines, Languages, and Tools (PPPJ), pages 157–168. ACM Press, 2014. doi:10.1145/2647508.2647524
- Codrut Stancu, Luis Bathen, Nikil Dutt, Alex Nicolau: AVid: Annotation Driven Video Decoding for Hybrid Memories. In Proceedings of the 10th Symposium on Embedded Systems for Real-time Multimedia (ESTIMedia), pages 2–11. IEEE, 2012. doi:10.1109/ESTIMedia.2012.6507022
Hybrid Memory Management for Java; The SoCal Programing Languages and Systems Workshop; Presentation; University of California, San Diego; December 2014.
Exploiting Variability for Processor/Memory Power Savings; Variability Expedition NSF Site Visit; Poster Presentation; University of California, San Diego; October 2011
Awards and Honors
- Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Science, Chair’s Fellowship, 2010-2013
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, University of Bologna, 2009
B.S. in Computer Science, University of Craiova, Romania, 2005 - 2009
- Researcher, Oracle Labs, Redwood City, CA, since July 2015
- Research Assistant, Oracle Labs, Redwood City, CA, 2013-2015
- Research Engineer Intern, Mozilla Labs, Mountain View, CA, Summer 2012
- Software Engineer, Caphyon Ltd., Craiova, Romania, 2009-2010
- Software Engineer, IT Six Global Services, Craiova, Romania, 2007-2009